- Adjusted the freeze/thaw reference states for the normalized polarization ratio (NPR) algorithm per the improved Level-1 brightness temperature recalibration. The freezing reference averages from 2016-2020 and the thaw reference averages from 2015-2019.
- Adjusted the reference states for the Single-Channel V (SCV) algorithm per the update of the GEOS-FP surface and soil temperature profiles.
- Improved the never frozen/never thawed masks for false-flag mitigation by:
* extending the temporal extent of the AMSR-E source data to include data through 2019
* blending in a GEOS-FP temperature climatology for 2015-2020 using a loose ±10 ºC criterion for fully-frozen or fully-thawed conditions.
- The product data structure, content, and processor code are otherwise unchanged from the previous version.
For the full major and minor version history, go to https://nsidc.org/data/smap/data_versions.