Changes to this version include:
- Implemented a new method of identifying and eliminating spurious sigma0 values in Sentinel-1A/B Level-1 sigma0 data using a hybrid approach that combines a median filter with thresholding. As a result, fewer spurious sigma0 values (mainly due to small man-made structures) bias the aggregated 1 km data.
- Replaced the previous 3 km resolution urban fraction map with a new 1 km map.
- Adjusted the thresholds used with the new 1 km urban fraction map to: 0.25 (no flag), 0.25 – 0.5 (flagged, retrieval performed), and 0.5 (masked, no retrieval). These are provided in bit 3 of the surface_flag data field.
- Adjusted the tau-omega parameters to be consistent with the values used in SPL2SMP/SPL2SMP_E algorithm.
- Implemented minor bug fix to the SMAP and Sentinel-1 overlap computation code.
For the full major and minor version history, go to https://nsidc.org/data/smap/version-history