Ice Sheets Today
In addition to generating daily maps and graphs of surface melt data, Ice Sheets Today provides the following data tools with a focus on the Greenland Ice Sheet.
Greenland Surface Melt Extent Interactive Chart
Explore the interactive graph below and look at Greenland surface melt extent over time. You can also easily compare melt patterns between years.
(Works best in newer web browsers on a larger screen)
- View additional years by clicking the dates in the legend.
- Roll your cursor over the line to see daily surface melt extent values.
- Zoom in to any area on the chart by clicking and dragging your mouse.
- When reusing the Greenland Surface Melt Interactive Chart, please credit “National Snow and Ice Data Center.”
- Currently, some functions do not work in Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser.
- If you have questions or problems, please contact NSIDC User Services at nsidc.org.
Available via FTP, this spreadsheet provides the Greenland melt data that is visualized in the Greenland Surface Melt Extent Interactive Chart. It is stored in a FTP repository. To access the spreadsheet using an FTP client (e.g. FileZilla, Cyberduck, FireFTP, etc.), please use the following information as input:
Host Name: ftp.nsidc.org
User Name: anonymous
Password: <your e-mail address>