- The Catchment model now includes the PEATCLSM hydrology module for peatlands and uses an updated global map of peatland distribution.
- Revised parameters are used in the L-band radiative transfer model that converts the simulated soil moisture and temperature estimates into Tb predictions for the radiance-based L4_SM analysis. Specifically, the L-band parameters for scattering albedo climatology, soil roughness climatology, and (seasonally-varying) vegetation opacity climatology are obtained from the SPL2SMP_E, Version 5, dual-channel retrieval product (April 2015 - March 2022).
- The brightness temperature scaling parameters in the updated Level-4 soil moisture algorithm are based on seven years of SMAP observations and model simulations (April 2015 - March 2022).
- For peatlands, the EnKF state vector now additionally includes the "catchment deficit" model prognostic variable.
- SMAP L4 Global 3-hourly 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Geophysical Data (SPL4SMGP, DOI: 10.5067/EVKPQZ4AFC4D)
- SMAP L4 Global 3-hourly 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Analysis Update (SPL4SMAU, DOI: 10.5067/LWJ6TF5SZRG3)
- SMAP L4 Global 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Land Model Constants (SPL4SMLM, DOI: 10.5067/KN96XNPZM4EG).