- Modified the creation of short segment length to provide additional accuracy for smaller water bodies.
- Included the analysis of the partial short segments at the very end of a transect to provide a more accurate river edge detection.
- Updated subsurface refraction correction to also include lat/lon position of bottom location.
- Updated the surface analysis to include assumed fresh and salt water indices based on water body type to provide a more accurate estimation of the attenuation coefficient.
- Added POD/PPD flags that indicate quality of input geolocation to improve the understanding of product quality.
- Replaced the Crossing Number (CN) algorithm with the Winding Number (WN) algorithm to allow the analysis over lakes previously skipped. This improved the capture of ICESat-2 observations over small and large water bodies.
- Updated the external links for the ATL13 height product validation.
- Added the count of output signal photons in full and partial non-anomalous and anomalous short segments to improve the understanding of product accuracy.
- Fixed a couple of bugs, see the user guide for more details.