- The parameters gt[x]/ssh_segments/heights/xbind, gt[x]/ssh_segments/heights/htybin, gt[x]/ssh_segments/heights/xrbin, and ds_xbin were added to the product to report 10 m bin average heights and averaged photon rate information output by the sea state bias calculation.
- The ocean histograms were updated to have a center bin with a zero height, consistent with the ATBD.
- New scatter plots were added to the browse images to better visualize the data. Previous browse images for heights and ground tracks (as well as new plots) are now separated by orbit.
- The width of the received histogram as determined in fine_sel is now used to create the y histogram in rm_uncertainty, which is then used in char_rss to create simulated photons that are used in fit2g to determine a two Gaussian fit.
- The moments of Y are now calculated as described in the ATBD for ATL12.
- The h_kurtosis calculation has been corrected to match the description in the ATBD for ATL12.
- The length_seg parameter is now calculated as the difference of the along-track x of the first and last signal photons in the ocean segment. This calculation is now consistent with the ATBD for ATL12.
- A new formula for calculating the 10-m bin average photon rate was implemented.