- Removed the segment_id parameter from the product.
- Added the layer_flag parameter (from ATL09) to allow users to filter by cloud cover.
- Updated the description of the multiple scattering warning flag (msw_flag) to account for values of “-1” in cases where the presence of clouds or blowing snow could not be determined.
- Removed the cloud_flag_asr parameter; added cloud_flag_atm and cloud_fold_flag for users to identify and filter potentially errant heights due to cloud cover.
- Developed a method to evaluate flagged results from DRAGANN (noise filtering) and correct intermittent, erroneous flags that can occur well above and below land and vegetation due to changing background rates and clouds.
- Reduced from 5% to 3% the minimum average canopy coverage pixel percentage (canopy cover estimate) from Landsat tiles.
- Reduced (to a value of 9) the smoothing window size used to refine ground surface-finding, regardless of calculated smoothing window sizes for the initial ground and top of canopy finding.
- Added a brightness flag (brightness_flag) to indicate potential snow accumulation (and similar bright surfaces) for each 100 m.