CanSISE Observation-Based Ensemble of Northern Hemisphere Terrestrial Snow Water Equivalent, Version 2 (NSIDC-0668)
This is the most recent version of these data.
Version 2 includes 32 new files: 30 ".spread.nc" files which provide the difference in meters SWE from the highest and lowest observation of the component data sets; two climatological files. The climatological files indicate the climatological SWE or climatological spread in SWE for the 30-year period. In Version 1, December 31 was incorrectly dropped during a leap year. The Version 2 data corrected this by removing Feb. 29 from all years and reprocessing. Other changes to the data and metadata include meeting CF (Climate and Forecast) conventions.
This data set is a daily gridded terrestrial snow water equivalent (SWE) dataset based on five component SWE products:
- GlobSnow combined SWE product (passive microwave/ground-based weather station, version 2)
- ERA-Interim/Land reanalysis SWE product
- MERRA reanalysis SWE product
- Crocus SWE data set: output from the Crocus snowpack model, driven by ERA-Interim meteorology (Brun et al. 2013)
- GLDAS SWE product (version 2) (Rodell et al. 2004; Rodell and Beaudoing 2013)
SNOW WATER EQUIVALENT
AQUA, DMSP, Nimbus-7, TERRA, TIROS
AMSR-E, MODIS, SMMR, SSM/I, TOVS
1 January 1981 to 31 December 2010
Yellow areas on the map below indicate the spatial coverage for this data set.
Data Access & Tools
Data from the NASA National Snow and Ice Data Center Distributed Active Archive Center (NSIDC DAAC) can be accessed directly from our HTTPS file system. We provide basic command line Wget and curl instructions for HTTPS file system downloads below.