GLAH06 Level-1B Global Elevation is a product that is analogous to the geodetic data records distributed for radar altimetry missions. It contains elevations previously corrected for tides, atmospheric delays, and surface characteristics within the footprint. Elevation is calculated using the ice sheet parameterization. Additional information allows the user to calculate an elevation based on land, sea ice, or ocean algorithms. Each data granule has an associated browse product.
GLAS/ICESat L1B Global Elevation Data (HDF5), Version 34
Release 34 incorporates fixes for several data issues that were determined to exist in the GLAS Release 33 data products.
Data Set Tabs
N: 86, S: -86, E: 180, W: -180
- 60 m to 70 m x 60 m to 70 m
- 20 February 2003 to 11 October 2009
- Glaciers/Ice Sheets > Glacier Elevation/Ice Sheet Elevation
- Glaciers/Ice Sheets > Glacier Topography/Ice Sheet Topography
- Sea Ice > Ice Roughness
- Glaciers/Ice Sheets > Ice Sheets
- Sea Ice > Reflectance > Laser Reflectance
- Surface Radiative Properties > Reflectance > Laser Reflectance
- Sea Surface Topography > Sea Surface Height
As a condition of using this data, you must cite the use of this data set using the following citation. For more information, see our Use and Copyright Web page.
Questions? Please contact:
NSIDC User Services
Phone: 1 303 492-6199
Fax: 1 303 492-2468
National Snow and Ice Data Center
CIRES, 449 UCB
University of Colorado
Province or State: CO
Postal Code: 80309-0449