[GLIMS] Black Lives Matter (clarification)

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Thu Jun 11 19:10:52 MDT 2020

Hello -- me again.

I want to add two things:

1.  My note was prompted by Jeff's message, but my thoughts expanded from
     that initial prompt.  I was not saying he said anything that wasn't
     careful or spot-on.

2.  I just saw today's news from around the world, showing video of many
     similar struggles and protests and statue-tear-downs in various
     countries that I wasn't aware of.  So, our "American cause", as I put
     it, is indeed a global cause of undoing past and continuing wrongs that
     are the legacy of racism, colonialism, and heartless greed.

For the record, GLIMS strongly encourages participation and contributions
from anyone, without regard to ethic, geographic, or genetic origins,
culture, or any of the myriad ways we tend to categorize people.  And as
Jeff so nicely points out, striving toward better diversity and
representation is something our community should be working toward.

Best regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce H. RAUP