[GLIMS] Fwd: Order ASTER data through ECHO/REVERB

Etienne Berthier etienne.berthier at legos.obs-mip.fr
Thu Jan 24 10:26:46 MST 2013

Dear colleagues,

I sent the query below to the customer service of
ECHO/REVERB regarding access to ASTER data (product 14)

If one of you
faced the same problem recently and found a solution, I am interested.
Otherwise, I will share their response with the list.

All the best,

Etienne

-------- Message original --------

		OBJET:
 		Order ASTER
data through ECHO/REVERB

		DATE:
 		2013-01-24 16:37

		DE:
 		Etienne
Berthier <etienne.berthier at legos.obs-mip.fr>

		<reverb-support at echo.nasa.gov>

		CC:
 		Bruce Raup <braup at nsidc.org>,
Jeffrey Kargel <jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com>

Sir, Madam,

I have access
to ASTER data for free thanks to my involvement in the GLIMS project (PI
Jeff Kargel, CCed)

It has been a while since I did not download ASTER
data (at least 2 months I think). I tried today (image of the Antarctic
Peninsula) through the ECHO website but did not succeed although I think
I followed exactly the procedure I used previously.

See screen shot
attached. Usually, after adding to my cart the images of interest, I
click on "Order" and then I have the option to select the desired
Product (here, 14 = DEM + orthorectified images). Now, when I click on
'Order', the system tells me that no product are orderable. 'Download'
leads to nothing useful.

Was there any recent changes so that
GLIMS-affiliated researchers do not get free access to ASTER data
anymore? If not, what procedure should I use to download ASTER product
14 from the website?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Etienne Berthier