GLIMS workshop in France ("Old Europe"), April 12.

Jeffrey S Kargel jkargel at usgs.gov
Wed Feb 19 17:25:57 MST 2003

Dear GLIMS collaborators,

I just want to remind you that there will be a GLIMS tools workshop
following the EGS meeting in Nice, France.  The GLIMS workshop will be one
full day on April 12, 2003.  It will largely be a roll-up-your-sleeves,
hands-on set of tutorials in use of various GLIMS database and analysis
tools and ASTER glacier image identification/ordering/download.  Chief
instructors will include Rick Wessels, Bruce Raup, and I believe Andreas
Kaeaeb.  But others are also invited to present the tools you have
developed or have purchased commercially and are applying in your glacier
studies: please volunteer to present, demonstrate, and teach.   Or you may
attend in student mode only.  I have been promised that a rough agenda will
be developed and distributed within the next few days.  At the same time I
will send meeting logistics (including cost for room rental).

I am sorry to say that I will be unable to attend this meeting, but
leadership of this meeting is in more-able hands.

Please, if you have not already informed me, let me know whether you plan
on attending and whether you have a presentation/tutorial (and title).  I
should emphasize that this is not primarily a glacier science meeting
(unlike previous GLIMS workshops), though perhaps there will be time and
facilities to show posters, if interest merits (please indicate such
interest).  For those interested in this meeting, please book your travel
to include participation, if you have not already done so.

More in a few days.

Cheers,

Jeff Kargel

I concede that I am missing this opportunity to remain silent when
I say:
Energy conservation isn't just "green" and future-oriented, it's for
economic prosperity, national/allied security, and global peace.

And to those of you throughout Old Europe, New Europe, Old Asia, the
New World, Australia, Africa, Antarctica, Oceania, Mars and beyond:
;-)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dr. Jeffrey S. Kargel
U.S. Geological Survey
2255 N. Gemini Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001