GLIMS meetings of opportunity--abstracts due Friday/Saturday

Jeffrey S Kargel jkargel at usgs.gov
Wed Feb 26 13:56:17 MST 2003

Dear GLIMS colleagues:

1.  MEETINGS OF OPPORTUNITY
As indicated in previous mailings, there is a possibility to hold GLIMS
meetings of opportunity at two or more upcoming meetings that may be of
general interest to the GLIMS community.  Please let me know if you intend
to attend either of these meetings and if you would be further interested
in i) making GLIMS-related submissions to the meetings, and ii) holding a
small half-day GLIMS mini-workshop or working dinner.

a.  Seventh International Symposium on Antarctic Glaciology, Milano, Italy,
August 25-29, 2003.  Abstracts due Feb. 28 (in 2 days!).  I may attend this
meeting pending funding news.  For more information, see
http://meteo.pnra.it/isag7/

b. 30th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of the Environment, Nov.
10-14, 2003, Honolulu, Hawaii. Abstracts due March 1, 2003 (in 3 days!).
I will likely attend this meeting.  If you would like to attend this
meeting but have not yet written an abstract, I suggest that abstracts
along the following themes would fit right in with this meeting:
    --Glaciers and Global Change
    --Glaciers as a natural reservoir
    --Glaciers (steady-state) and meltwater as a renewable natural resource
    --Wasting glaciers as a nonrenewable natural resource
    --Glacier hazards
For more information: http://isrse.pdc.org/

2.  GLIMS "TOOLS" WORKSHOP, NICE, FRANCE ON APRIL 12
So far I have had very few indications of intent to participate in the
upcoming GLIMS "tools" workshop on April, 12 in Nice, France.  I need to
get a head count soon.  A meeting agenda (promised last week) and logistics
will be sent to the glims mailing list very soon, but the agenda and
meeting venue will depend in part on who/how many intend(s) to participate.
If you must know the detailed agenda before deciding, just give me a
tentative indication of interest.

Cheers,

Jeff Kargel
Energy conservation isn't just "green" and future-oriented, it's for
economic prosperity, national/global security, and global peace.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dr. Jeffrey S. Kargel
U.S. Geological Survey
2255 N. Gemini Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001