GLIMS 1-day glacier analysis training program, Nice, France

Jeffrey S Kargel jkargel at usgs.gov
Fri Jan 10 14:28:55 MST 2003

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

NSIDC and Flagstaff is organizing a 1-day hands-on GLIMS training
program for use of glacier analysis tools.  The meeting will be held
in association with the Spring 2003 AGU/EGS meeting in Nice,
France, on 06-11 April, 2003.  The date has not been determined,
but it will be either the day before or the day after the AGU/EGS
meeting.  Online information is available on the AGU/EGS meeting
(http://www.copernicus.org/egsagueug/).

We will arrange the logistics for the 1-day training program and get
back in touch with you next week.    The emphasis of this 1-day meeting
will be on sharing analytical methods and training participants in the
use of these methods, so if you have a glacier analysis tool to share,
please let me know and we will schedule time.   If you are interested in
attending as a student-participant or as a trainer-participant, let me
know so that we can arrange for an approporiate meeting room.

Trainers especially should let me know your travel constraints for
the Nice meeting and preferences for day before/day after EGS/AGU.

Glacier monitoring science can be presented at the EGS/AGU meeting at
several ice sessions, one of which is dedicated to GLIMS-type activities:

Session CR5.04
Worldwide glacier monitoring in the 21st century
Convenor: Andy Kaeaeb, Co-convenor: Jeff Kargel

Please note the impending and completely inflexible AGU/EGS
abstract deadline at 24:00 GMT, April 15.

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Jeff
Energy conservation isn't just "green" and future-oriented, it's for
economic prosperity, national/allied security, and global peace.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dr. Jeffrey S. Kargel
U.S. Geological Survey
2255 N. Gemini Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001