[GLIMS] Check your favorite area for ASTER scenes

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 06:52:42 MDT 2017

GLIMS may have had a good year for ASTER acquisitions.  Some of you analyzed success/failure in sample areas of your regions of interest in previous years.  Those checks provided the feedstock for complaints I made about poor coverage.  It only took 17 years, but it seems we finally had a good year.  Some areas were under-served (central and eastern Himalaya for instance), but some places that historically had very few images (European Alps and Alaska) had a good summer in 2016, so it seems.

Further checks in 2016 (and southern hemisphere in 2017) could be checked again.  Hopefully clouds aren't too bad; l that's my one worry.

--Jeff K