[GLIMS] GLIMS Book performance report for 2016

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Tue Jun 13 10:11:25 MDT 2017

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

Springer sent me a report on GLIMS book chapter downloads
(http://www.glims.org/Publications/GLIMSBook-SpringerReport-BookPerformanceReport2016.pdf).
We have exceeded 50,000 chapter downloads, placing us in the top 25% of
Springer ebook downloads for our category of book.  In a previous mailing
a few months ago, I noted that the book now may be downloaded freely from
Springer (and that was not a mistake!).  What you might find most useful in
this Springer report, however, is the availability of the book in
print-to-order soft cover copy for just $24.99 or 24.99 euros, including
shipping (go to page
2 for MyCopy-- then tell me how that works out for you if you place an
order-- the soft-cover book quality and time required to receive it.)
I presume that cost is for the whole book (I hope!)

Cheers,

Jeff Kargel