[GLIMS] NSIDC write-up on "extinct glaciers" tracking in GLIMS

Fischer, Andrea Andrea.Fischer at uibk.ac.at
Thu Nov 9 10:29:28 MST 2023

hi Bruce,
i actually thought about a Compilation of glacier extinced in 2023, is there any Definition you use? What about dead ice still present under debris or something like that? Would it be ok also to hab’s a compilation of glacier which are „invisible“ or do you also include glaciers Where we could see small remnants of dead ice? We might habe lost about 5 percent this year… cheers, andrea

PD Dr. Andrea Fischer
Institute for Interdisciplinary Mountain Research
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Innrain 25/3, 6020 Innsbruck
Austria