[GLIMS] Quick guide to submitting data to GLIMS

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Tue Aug 7 12:33:39 MDT 2018

Hi all,

We have created a Quick Guide to submitting data to GLIMS at

http://www.glims.org/MapsAndDocs/guides.html

Until recently, the main documents describing the processing of mapping
glaciers in satellite imagery and contributing the data to GLIMS have been

- the GLIMS Analysis Tutorial
- the GLIMS Data Transfer Specification

(both available at http://www.glims.org/MapsAndDocs/)

These put a large burden on data providers for formatting and ID creation.
The new document is simplified and describes the minimum requirements,
which are now much easier for the analysts because we have taken on much of the
formatting and ID assignment here at NSIDC.  We are in the process of
updating the GLIMS Analysis Tutorial, and will announce it when it is
available.

Best regards,
Bruce

--