[GLIMS] GLIMS book update: from the publisher

Jeffrey jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:17:45 MDT 2014

Dear all,
1. I have the following message from the GLIMS book publisher, hard-copy publication Aug 21.   The further delay was at least explained in terms of providing high-quality paper and high-quality binding.
2. Other news is that every author will have free access to the e-book version (which is already published-- author email addresses will be uploaded next week to make your access official), whereas the lead authors (and some others who contributed to multiple chapters) will also receive hard copies (postal addresses are already in the publisher's hands).
3. Finally, the GLIMS book highlights and late-breaking updates booklet has been revised since the last time contributors saw it, but the URL is the same, so you can re-download it; it might receive one more update (on the Himalaya by Adina Racoviteanu and others).  Given now that we again have 3 more weeks (but at least a specific date, Aug. 21), I would not object if any other author wishes to add an update or highlight (strictly 1 page, 11-point font, including newspaper-like headline, any figures, text, and your name(s)/contact information at the bottom, and any URLs for online updates.   This free on-line "highlights" booklet will be advertised in the official publisher and editor press releases on book publication day.  We have 20 one-pagers at this time, which is plenty, but if you have something news-like, send it to me.
--Jeff

Jeffrey S. KargelDepartment of Hydrology & Water ResourcesUniversity of ArizonaTucson, AZ 85742  USAEmail(1) jeffreyskargel at hotmail.comEmail(2) kargel at hwr.arizona.eduMobile phone: 520-780-7759www.glims.org