[GLIMS] SteepestDescent 2014

Jean-Daniel Champagnac champagnac at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 03:54:17 MST 2014

Dear colleagues and friends

I would like to advertize the *SteepestDescent meeting*, a
"gilbertclub"-type event that will be held on Saturday May 3rd at the
university of Vienna, right after EGU (see flyer attached).

Everyone interested in geomorphology and earth surface processes is
encouraged to attend and can display and discuss his/her EGU poster(s).
Like last year, it is likely that the EGU geomorphology sessions will be
toward the end of the week.

Our objective is to add one day of focused interactions and networking
between people interested in surface dynamics and geomorphology in a broad
sense. We hope this will serve the growing community of surface dynamics in
Europe, and that it will be a good opportunity to foster special atmosphere
and good spirit among us.

The day's schedule is composed of three broad research talks, informal
scientific discussions, plus time for coffee, pastries and lunch.

*Info and registration: http://steepestdescent.bpt.me
<http://www.steepestdescent.brownpapertickets.com>Contact:
steepestdescentmeeting at gmail.com <steepestdescentmeeting at gmail.com>*

*Schedule*:

9am: SteepestDescent team welcome & coffee/croissants

9.15am: *Jean Braun* (University of Grenoble):
*"Density, Topography and Erosion"*

10.30am: Coffee break and chatting around your posters

11am: *Jane Willenbring* (Penn State):
*"The Null Hypothesis: Reconciling Cenozoic erosion, weathering, and the
carbon cycle"*

12.15am: Lunch on site

1.15pm: *Mikael Attal *(University of Edinburgh)
*"Erosion of landscapes: recent advances intopographic analysis and future
modelling challenges"*

2.30pm: Closing discussion

On behalf of the SteepestDescent team*,

Jean-Daniel Champagnac