[GLIMS] (1) GLIMS Book proofing update, (2) GLIMS dinner, San Francisco (Fall AGU)

Jeffrey jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 07:48:09 MDT 2013

Dear GLIMS colleagues,(1) GLIMS Book Update
Queries have arisen regarding page numbers of chapters for the GLIMS book, and anyway a general GLIMS book update is called for.  Attached you will find a partial proof of the preliminary pages, including the Table of Contents.  Whereas the page numbers for preliminary pages are still pending completion of the publisher's proofs of these sections of the book, the page numbers for the main part of the book should be solid and final, but the potential exists for a slight shift of page numbers (I doubt it; no huge edits have so far arisen in the chapters that would cause a shift of page numbers, to the best of my knowledge).  I encourage author-to-author swaps of chapters if it fits your interests.
(2) GLIMS dinner.  Venue TBD (soon), date TBD.  I solicit feedback on the evening for this, and where. I cannot do this on Thursday; that is my only constraint.  One year we held a dinner in a double hotel room, with pizza delivered, and beer and wine.  I would consider a similar thing this year, though lacking that (if too expensive or no available rooms), then the same Chinese place as the last 2 years would work.
--Jeff Kargel