[GLIMS] GLIMS Update: Fall AGU GLIMS Dinner Thursday Dec 6, 6:30 PM

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 13:42:43 MST 2012

GLIMS Colleagues,
For Fall AGU participants, we will have a GLIMS dinner at Henry's Hunan (Chinese) restaurant, the same place as last year.We have a room reserved in the back which can seat 30-35 people. We will be sure to order adequate vegetarian as well as meat dishes.  We willorder and eat communally and pay individually. This place is not too expensive and people last year were generally pleased with the food quality,diversity, and quantity.  Of course it is Chinese food. Beer, wine, other drinks can be purchased separately, so we will only be dividing up the food cost.
Please note that there are three Henry's Hunan restaurants in San Francisco; we will be at the one at 110 Natoma St. (same as last year).
We can converge there starting at 6:30 and the first food will come out around 7 PM.   The place stays open til 9 PM, though I doubt they will kick us out if we want to keep going.  GLIMS is not a club, and the dinner is open to all. We have a lot to celebrate-- every GLIMS bookchapter should be submitted by next Thursday, and with any luck, we will have proofs of almost every chapter. (I have to check with thepublisher on that status, though). If we have an overflow crowd, we can get additional seating in the main restaurant, but we will try to packeveryone into the private room.
--Jeff Kargel
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
www.henryshunanrestaurant.com
Zagat: 22 / 30 - 53 Google reviews