[GLIMS] CFP: AAG meeting 2012 - session on Global Glacier Change Studies

ssa60 at msstate.edu ssa60 at msstate.edu
Tue Sep 20 21:08:16 MDT 2011

Hi all,

Following is the CFP for a special session organized by me on glaciers
in upcoming Association of American Association Meeting to be held in
New York in Feb 2012. See http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting for
details about the meeting.

I request GLIMS group members to consider submitting paper for this
session. AAG deadline to submit abstract is September 28. Please let
me know if you have any questions.

sincerely

Shrinidhi

Title: Cryosphere: Global Glacier Change Studies

Sponsorships: Cryosphere Specialty Group & Remote Sensing Specialty Group

aspects of cryosphere: techniques and methodologies to measure glacier
dynamics, glacier mass balance, glacier change prediction models,
drivers of glacier change, people's vulnerabilities to glacier change,
and mitigation and adoption. Glaciers serve as high confidence
indicators of climate change. Glacier's reaction to climate change
involves a complex chain of processes. The climatic sensitivity of a
glacier depends on regional climate variability, local topographic
effects and elevation. Glacier changes can affect water resource
availability, trigger natural hazards, contribute to sea level rise,
or affect people's livelihood. We aim to bring together wide range of
presentations that would help deepen the knowledge about climate
change, human interactions, and glacier changes in all regions of the
world. Interested contributors please submit your abstract to AAG and
send your PIN to Shrinidhi Ambinakudige at ssa60 at msstate.edu.