[GLIMS] GLIMS Update: Virtual workshop capability?

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Fri Aug 19 15:24:14 MDT 2011

Jeff,

At NSIDC we used this kind of virtual conferencing on occasion.  We have
used WebEx, which allows all participants to see the same presenter's
screen over the Internet.  This works quite well, especially where there
is a well defined agenda, or some sort of demonstration.

There is precedent for making GLIMS presentations available online, and we
can certainly continue this.  See for example

http://glims.org/Workshops/2008_Boulder/glims_boulder_2008.html

In that case, we password-protected the site for people outside the NSIDC
subnet.  I think we initially gave the password out only to workshop
participants.  I think we could do similarly for future workshops, if
necessary.

I guess GLIMS meetings since that 2008 one have been sufficiently informal
that we haven't created the same kind of Web presence for them.

Cheers,
Bruce

--
Bruce H. RAUP