[GLIMS] No-cost ASTER

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:32:53 MDT 2011

Dear all,
So far I have relisted only about 30 people on the no-cost ASTER list.  Some are added under other accounts.  But I suspect that many of you need to be re-listed, or else you will not be able to receive ASTER data without paying. Don't assume that since you were listed last year you are listed this year.  It is an inconvenience for everybody to have the system set up like this, but there were political forces at work with Japan that made it necessary to jump through this hoop each year.  I would rather deal with a few batch submissions of data than deal with them all through the year one at a time.
First name:Last name:Email address:Phone number:Institution:Approximate number of scenes you anticipate downloading:Geographic region(s) of interest:
Of course, to be listed on my account you need to have some affiliation with and understanding with GLIMS, which can be as close as a couple emails away if you are not already part of GLIMS.
--Jeff Kargel