GLIMS Update: GLIMSBook firm deadline Sep. 1 (2010!)

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 14:50:18 MDT 2010

Dear GLIMS Book authors:
The GLIMS book editorial board met via Skype and we reviewed each chapter and responses to my previous message.   We agreed that with northern hemisphere summer approaching,  we had to strike a balance between setting a near deadline and one that gives people a last chance to complete a chapter.  We settled on September 1.  We agreed that any chapter manuscript not received by then will not be included in the book.  ("Drop-dead deadline") It appears likely that almost all the chapters in the established outline will be in the book, based on what we have heard from authors.  There will be some merging of chapters, reorganization of some, and deletion of a couple, but it looks likely to be very much along the established outline.   Nevertheless, we have some specific questions for many of you, but we will take those up separately, chapter by chapter.
We do not want all the remaining chapters arriving August 31, so if you are able, please beat the deadline.
You may see the overall GLIMS book outline, with revisions, here: http://www.glimsbook.org/  The login is:   username glims   password glacier
With all our own activities going, when you submit a manuscript, you may wish to copy all the editors to be sure that somebody will receive if the others are in the field or otherwise unavailable.   Jeff Kargel: jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com   Greg Leonard:  gleonard at email.arizona.edu    Michael Bishop: mpbishop at mail.unomaha.edu    Bruce Raup: braup at nsidc.org    Andy Kaab: andreas.kaab at geo.uio.no
Sincerely,
Jeff Kargel