Perugia--calendar update

Jeff Kargel jkargel1054 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 19 14:18:14 MST 2006

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

I have word from two reliable sources that the IUGG will hold cryosphere sessions during the second week of the meeting, 9-13 July 2007.  This helps us to constrain the possible timing of the dedicated GLIMS workshop.  One possibility, discussed with Bruce Raup, is to hold it on Saturday 7 July.  Then we may have a field trip on 8 July before the main cryosphere sessions of IUGG that week.  An alternative would be to hold the GLIMS meeting a day earlier, on Friday 6 July, which would leave the weekend free for a 2-day GLIMS field excurision or for your independent activities.  Please respond with your preference.

Therefore, for those of you who must make travel arrangements soon, you can count on the GLIMS meeting being no earlier than Friday 6 July.

Have a pleasant holiday season, for those of you who celebrate this time of year; and best wishes generally.

--Jeff Kargel