GLIMS and Fall AGU, San Francisco

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Thu Aug 14 11:31:37 MDT 2003

Hello all,

A few of us from NSIDC plan to be at the AGU meeting in San Francisco in
December, and are wondering if there will be other GLIMS people there
interested in some sort of GLIMS-focused meeting or lunch.

It would be good to update each other on progress in scientific and
technical areas, as well as funding.  We at NSIDC are soon to get funding
from NASA that will span 5 years, and will support database population,
continued tool development, and enhancements to the web interfaces.  The
release of glimsview, a software tool for digitization of glacier
boundaries from ASTER imagery, is imminent.  In fact, I'll have a laptop
running glimsview at the ISAG7 meeting in Milan, in case any of you want
to see it there.

If you're interested in some sort of short get-together during the AGU
meeting to discuss these GLIMS issues and more, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup                                               Phone:  303-492-8814
National Snow and Ice Data Center, U. of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309