GLIMS-related software tools survey: Results

Bruce Raup braup at kryos.colorado.edu
Tue May 29 17:26:12 MDT 2001

Hello all.

I've compiled the results of the GLIMS software survey.  There is a link
to it from http://spot.colorado.edu/~braup/glims_algor/, a scratch site
for the GLIMS Algorithms Working Group.

If you have time to look at it before the meeting, please pay special
attention to parts that directly relate to you, and send me any
corrections or additions.  In particular, I don't know the cost of many
commercial packages mentioned.

In the survey, I neglected to ask about operating systems.  I tried to
infer that from your responses, but couldn't guess in many cases.  I would
appreciate knowing that when you have time.

By the way, I do intend to incorporate responses from previous surveys at
some point, but haven't found the time yet.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing many of you next week.
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814
Boulder, CO  80309-0449                            Bruce.Raup at colorado.edu