Science results

Rick Wessels rwessels at flagmail.wr.usgs.gov
Thu May 10 16:49:26 MDT 2001

Dear Colleagues,

Now that ASTER data are being acquired over several GLIMS sites, I was wondering if
any of you have some early results, data comparisons, or simply some nice ASTER
scenes that you would like to share with me and the rest of the world.   I realize
that we will get to see some of your results at the GLIMS IGS workshop on June 6, but
I will need to present general GLIMS results at two earlier meetings over the next
couple of weeks.

Beginning May 19, I will be presenting our latest GLIMS-wide efforts to our US and
Japanese ASTER colleagues at the next ASTER Science Team Meeting in Tokyo.  I am also
representing GLIMS in a press conference featuring "First Science Results from the
ASTER Instrument, Onboard the Terra Spacecraft" at the Boston Spring AGU on May 29.
Hopefully GLIMS will get mentioned in your local paper the next day.

Whether you have a well-prepared viewgraph, a nice image example, or simply some text
describing "Highlights" of your research I would appreciate any input that you might
offer.  If you have image examples, any jpeg, tif, gif, or pdf file may be sent to me
as email attachments or as a link to a website or ftp site where they are located.

Thanks for your help.

-- Rick
Rick Wessels                rwessels at flagmail.wr.usgs.gov
U.S. Geological Survey      Phone  (520)-556-7022
2255 N. Gemini Drive        FAX             -7014
Flagstaff, AZ 86001         Main Office     -7000