GLIMS working group mailing lists

Bruce Raup braup at kryos.colorado.edu
Tue Aug 8 13:24:55 MDT 2000

Hello.

I have just subscribed initial groups of people to the three GLIMS mailing
lists devoted to working groups:

glims_algor     For discussion of GLIMS-related computation algorithms
glims_database  For discussion of the GLIMS glacier database
glims_param     For discussion of glaciological parameters relevant to
                GLIMS, their definitions, etc.

If you've been subscribe to any of these lists, you should have received
the Welcome Message from the list server.  If you have not received a
Welcome Message for a list that you'd like to be on, let me know, and I
can add you to the list.  NOTE:  I realize that the initial groups that I
just added are incomplete.  Please don't feel overlooked if you weren't
part of the initial group.

My view of how the lists will be effectively used is that the main
"glims" list will carry messages pertaining primarily to managerial or
news items.  The working group lists is where all the real work will get
done, and will probably have more traffic.

I apologize for having taken so long to get people added to the lists.
I'm still figuring out how best to juggle priorities at my new job at the
National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder.

Cheers,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814
Boulder, CO  80309-0449                            Bruce.Raup at colorado.edu