[GLIMS] Landsat Next (Landsat 10) sensor specs

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 28 22:43:51 MDT 2020

Dear GLIMS colleagues and Cryosphere community,
We have a revised draft-- still incomplete-- of a Landsat 10 sensor specifications guidance document. The idea is to improve the cryosphere mapping capabilities. Bruce Raup uploaded it here:
https://spot.colorado.edu/~braup/glims/

See our file Landsat_NEXT-instrument_bands-4_GLIMS.docx<https://spot.colorado.edu/~braup/glims/Landsat_NEXT-instrument_bands-4_GLIMS.docx>
And see the Landsat NEXT team's planning document: 2019-05-07_Draft_SLI_Requirements-Landsat_10.pdf<https://spot.colorado.edu/~braup/glims/2019-05-07_Draft_SLI_Requirements-Landsat_10.pdf>

The draft, though incomplete, is made available because of a short timeline before the Landsat team needs our guidance. My goal is to deliver a finished document by Tuesday morning Arizona time, 36 hours from now. Bruce, Frank Paul, and I had a productive discussion which resulted in major improvements to this updated draft. No doubt more can be improved, and some of you may help. I will add Table 2.
My wild guess is that we will get only one added band (termed here "GLIMS 1"), but even that would improve the utility of Landsat 10 data for cryosphere studies.  Frank Paul will be added as an author based on his major, helpful suggestions, but this draft does not yet show that. If you have feedback, try to get it to me within 24-36 hours.

Sincerely,
Jeff Kargel