[GLIMS] Correction of GLIMs and index work

Jeffrey jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 09:28:44 MST 2014

Neil: Happy New Year!  OK, thanks for the GLIMS Book production update.
Greg: Get ready!
All other GLIMS book editors: Just as Greg and I did with the chapter corrections returned from authors, my plan is for Greg and me to do all the final corrected-proof validations and indexing validations.  So unless for some unanticipated reason we need other editors' or authors' help,  you should not have anything else to do.  However, we will make all the corrected proofs available to all editors just in case anybody feels the need to provide a further set of eyes on a chapter. It will require immediate attention (72 hours) when corrected proofs are received.
Authors: I am unsure how long it takes to go from final proofs to publication, but these days it is not long.  If Neil gets the corrected proofs returned within 4 weeks, then no more than 10 days further will be needed to have everything completely back in the publisher's hands and completely and forever out of our hands until we see the printed book. As noted above, at this stage I am happy to have Greg and me do all remaining work on the side of authors and editors to keep the process streamlined and efficient. But you'll at least have a chance to see your final corrected proof and if needed make a further minor response. No big changes and not many small ones will be permitted--mainly just typo corrections and correction of significant errors (of which there should be almost none, because authors and then Greg and I went through the first proofs very thoroughly). --Jeff

Jeffrey S. KargelDepartment of Hydrology & Water ResourcesUniversity of ArizonaTucson, AZ 85742  USAEmail(1) jeffreyskargel at hotmail.comEmail(2) kargel at hwr.arizona.eduMobile phone: 520-780-7759www.glims.org