GLIMS Workshop Cambridge, 17-18 August 2006 ** REMINDER **

Narelle Baker narelle.baker at gmail.com
Tue May 23 07:52:38 MDT 2006

    DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATIONS: 1 JUNE 2006

   GLIMS Workshop Cambridge, 17-18 August  2006

WORKSHOP:

The Global Land Ice Measurement from Space (GLIMS) Group will be
conducting a workshop on the 17-18 August 2006, in Cambridge, United
Kingdom. This is in conjunction with IGS International Symposium on
Cryospheric Indicators of Global Climate Change (21-25 August 2006).

GLIMS is a project designed to monitor the world's glaciers primarily
using data from the ASTER (Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and
reflection Radiometer) instrument aboard the EOS Terra spacecraft,
launched in December, 1999. For further information
see:http://www.glims.org/. We welcome presentations on research that
uses ASTER or similar instruments to measure changes in glaciers, ice
caps, and ice sheets.

The GLIMS Workshop will be held at Scott Polar Research Institute
(SPRI) and will consist of both poster and oral presentations. GLIMS
Group presentations on the GLIMS Analysis Comparison Experiment
(GLACE) and hands-on GLIMSView training will also be part of this
workshop. GLIMS is strongly collaborative and we welcome participation
from all areas of the cryospheric remote sensing community. We also
strongly encourage students to take part, as it is an excellent
technique-focused learning and networking opportunity.

Oral and poster presentations are both welcomed. Oral presentations
will be approximately 15 minutes long and poster presentations will
take place as part of a dedicated poster session. Poster boards will
accommodate A0 size (84 cm x 119 cm) or smaller posters.

ACCOMMODATION:

Official accommodation will be provided by St Catherine's College,
centrally located in Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1RL. See
http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/about/. Accommodation booking are to be
made on your registration forms. If you have any questions or special
requirements, please contact Narelle (narelle.baker at gmail.com). Please
do NOT contact the College directly.

All rooms are single with ensuite and are competitively priced at
£43.00 per night (VAT exempt) per room per night. If you have any
special requirements, such as if you are travelling with your partner
and require a double room please email me and I will do my best to
arrange this for you. Please indicate the exact number of nights you
wish to stay at St Catherine's on the registration form.

It has now been confirmed that this cost will be Value Added Tax (VAT)
free. Therefore, we have reduced the accommodation cost accordingly
(was originally listed as £50.53). Those of you that have already
registered will automatically be charged the lower rate.

See our website: http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/met/tlc/igs/meetings.php
for registration form and details of accommodation options.

NOTE: There were some difficulties accessing this site over the last
few days. This has now been fixed and the site should be fully
accessible.

If you have any questions please
contact: narelle.baker at gmail.com

Kind regards,
Narelle Baker

--
The virtuous find delight in mountains, the wise in rivers.

         - Confucius

Narelle Baker
PhD Student
Scott Polar Research Institute