GLIMSView Update

Deborah Lee Soltesz dsoltesz at usgs.gov
Thu May 19 13:31:26 MDT 2005

Hi Folks,

There is a new *temporary* release of GLIMSView that should hopefully stop GLIMSView crashes that happen when working on very large projects. To resolve the issue, the undo (Ctl-Z) facility has been disabled. I only recommend using the newest (05/05/2005) version if you have been suffering GLIMSView crashes when working on your projects.

A new version with a redesigned undo facility will be released in early June. The next release should
  * eliminate the crashes when working on large projects
  * give you full undo capabilities
  * resolve the issue of GLIMSView and/or your computer slowing down
    when you've been working on a project for a long time.
  * provide a "redo" capability if this can be implemented quickly

I will be out-of-town through May 31 - when I return, I will finish my redesign of the undo facility and get the next release out as soon as I possibly can.

deborah
Deborah Lee Soltesz
Web Development & Administration
USGS Astrogeology Research Program