GLIMS data submission / contact info update interface

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Tue May 17 10:25:52 MDT 2005

Hi All,

As some of you know, GLIMS/NSIDC now has a new web interface at

http://glims.colorado.edu/submissions/

This website has two purposes:

- GLIMS data submission
- Update of your contact information in our database

For either purpose, you need a password (each Regional Center has just one
password).  These will be e-mailed to you soon, but if you're in a hurry,
the interface provides an option to have it mailed to you.

This new interface sounds a bit formal, but it has a few important
features:

- it captures a bit of information about the processing steps taken to
  derive the glacier data;

- it allows the submitter to specify an embargo period on the data, so
  that while the data will be visible in the map interface (at
  http://glims.colorado.edu/glacierdata/), it won't be downloadable;

- it clarifies the agreement between submitter and NSIDC.

If you have data to contribute, or want to check your information in our
database, please have a look.

Related to update of information, we realize that there are many things out
of date and inconsistent on the GLIMS websites.  We are in transition to a
more dynamic set of pages, so that all Regional Center info, for example,
will be pulled directly out of the database.  Please forgive the stale
information and the inconsistencies during the transition.

Cheers,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup                                               Phone:  303-492-8814
National Snow and Ice Data Center, U. of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309