"left" and "right" sides of glacier boundaries

Gordon Hamilton gordon.hamilton at maine.edu
Fri Feb 25 08:05:45 MST 2005

Georg is correct. Handedness is a well-defined term in hydrology, so we should stick with convention. There is one potential problem with this approach -- the direction of flow needs to be known in order to assign handedness, and that information might not be available, or might be difficult to determine, for remote unexplored regions. I think we could make reasonable guesses in most situations, though.

-gordon

--
 Gordon Hamilton, Asst. Professor

 Climate Change Institute