Test GLIMS dataset, in transfer format, available

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Fri Mar 15 15:21:03 MST 2002

Hello,

On February 22, I sent a message that had a few questions in it, but I've
gotten no response.  Here are the questions (plus 1 or 2 new ones):

Regarding transfer of data from RCs to NSIDC:

1.  Would anyone object to scrapping the Parameter Value Language file and
    instead using shapefiles to transfer attribute data (see Feb 22 mail)?

2.  If you think doing the above is a good idea (or a bad one), please let
    me know your vote.

3.  Hugh, Rick, Jeff:  What is the status of the software you're developing
    to aid in image analysis (and does it have a name?)?

4.  Luke:  Since it was your suggestion to use shapefiles for all
    attributes, do you have ideas about how to improve the scheme I
    outlined in my Feb 22 message?  Maybe you could add detail?

The PVL/shapefile decision will affect everyone doing analysis, so we need
input soon.

Thanks for your help,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814