Updated documentation on GLIMS web site

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Fri Aug 2 15:25:05 MDT 2002

Hello all,

We have updated the documentation for the GLIMS database
(Entity-Relation Diagram and Data Dictionary), linked to from
http://www.GLIMS.org/db_design.html

We've also provided a new document describing the RC-->NSIDC data transfer
format, at
http://www.GLIMS.org/datatransfer/data_transfer_specification.html

Both of these can be found from the GLIMS home page.

A fair bit of thought has gone into the content of this second document,
although the document itself has had limited review so far.  If you find
any mistakes at all, or find anything confusing, please let me know, and
I'll fix it.  Actually, I guess that comment applies to all this stuff.

Happy August,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814