The International Ice Charting Working Group (IICWG) was formed in October 1999 to promote cooperation between the world's ice centers on all matters concerning sea ice and icebergs.
IICWG News Release - 28 Oct. 2016:
World Ice Information Services Support Polar Shipping (PDF 223 KB)
- The 18th Meeting of the IICWG will be held in Hobart, Tasmania September 25-29, 2017
- Letter to the Arctic Council Emergency Prevention, Preparedness and Response Working Group (EPPR) re: Collaboration in Exercises (PDF 128 KB, Oct. 2016)
- Letter to the Council of Managers of National Antarctic Programs (COMNAP) re: Requirements for Satellite Support (PDF 393 KB, Oct. 2016)
- Letter to the President of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) re: Polar Regional Climate Centres (PDF 60 KB, Oct. 2016)
Seventeenth IICWG Meeting
- 17th meeting of the IICWG was held 24-28 October 2016 in Ottawa, Canada
- IICWG-XVII Meeting Executive Summary Report (PDF 154 KB, 09 Nov. 2016)
- IICWG-XVII Meeting Report (PDF 522 KB, 14 Dec. 2016)
- Complete meeting reports and presentations are available from the IICWG Meeting page.
ACTION ITEM STATUS
- IICWG Plenary Action Item Status (PDF 140 KB, 14 Dec. 2016)
Canada: David Jackson, Canadian Ice Service (Tel: +1 613-996-5088, David.Jackson2@ec.gc.ca)
Denmark/Greenland: Keld Qvistgaard, Danish Meteorological Institute (Tel: +45 39 15 73 44, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finland: Antti Kangas, Finnish Meteorological Institute (Tel: +358 40 8678838, email@example.com)
Germany: Jürgen Holfort, Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency of Germany (Tel: +49 (0) 381 4563-782, Juergen.Holfort@bsh.de)
Norway: Nick Hughes, Norwegian Meteorological Institute (Tel: +47 77 62 13 00, Nick.Hughes@met.no)
Poland: Ida Stanislawczyk, Hydrological Forecasting Office Gdynia (Tel: +48-58 62-88-147, Ida.Stanislawczyk@imgw.pl)
Russia: Vasily Smolyanitsky, Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (Tel: +7 812-337-3149, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sweden: Emma Grönkvist, SMHI / Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (Tel: +46 (0)11 495 8570, email@example.com)
United States: Pablo Clemente-Colón, U.S. National Ice Center (Tel: +1 301-817-3944, Pablo.Clemente-Colon@noaa.gov)
IICWG Secretariat: John.Falkingham@rogers.com
International Ice Patrol: Gabrielle McGrath (Tel: +1 860-271-2631, firstname.lastname@example.org)
British Antarctic Survey - Andrew Fleming (Tel: +44 01223 221451, email@example.com)
Latest Ice Charts
For the latest ice charts, see the Ice Logistics Portal.
For access to these Wiki pages, contact the IICWG Secretariat for login credentials.
Note: This site is maintained for IICWG by the NOAA@NSIDC team.