Photo courtesy of International Ice Patrol.
The International Ice Charting Working Group (IICWG) was formed in October 1999 to promote cooperation between the world's ice centers on all matters concerning sea ice and icebergs.
Fifteenth IICWG Meeting
The 15th Meeting of the IICWG will be held October 20-25, 2014 in Punta Arenas, Chile at the invitation of the Chilean Navy Meteorological Service. The following meeting documents were updated 07 October 2014.
- IICWG-XV Provisional Agenda (PDF, 135 KB)
- IICWG-XV List of Registrants (PDF, 19 KB)
- IICWG-XV Map (PDF, 231 KB)
- IICWG Plenary Action Items (PDF, 57 KB)
- Applied Science and Research Standing Committee Action Items (PDF, 82 KB)
- Data, Information and Customer Support Standing Committee Action Items (PDF, 95 KB)
- Breakout Discussion Background Paper (PDF, 102 KB)
- IICWG-XV 2nd Invitation Letter (PDF, 75 KB)
- Global Satellite Observation Requirements for Floating Ice: With a Focus on SAR (PDF 2.8 MB)
- WMO EC-PORS Background Info (PDF 34 KB)
- Global Cryosphere Watch (to come in the next e-mail – assuming it gets through (PDF 17.6 MB)
- IAATO Fact Sheet - 2015 (PDF 4.6 MB)
New IICWG Co-Chair
18 September 2014: Due to recent reorganisations at the Danish Meteorological Institute, Henrik Steen Andersen must transfer his IICWG co-chair obligations to his colleague Peter Skovgaard Rasch, Director of the DMI Centre for Ocean and Ice. Peter will assume the responsibilities of IICWG co-chair immediately.
Canada: David Jackson, Canadian Ice Service (Tel: +1 613-996-5088, David.Jackson2@ec.gc.ca)
Denmark/Greenland: Keld Qvistgaard, Danish Meteorological Institute (Tel: +45 39 15 73 44, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finland: Antti Kangas, Finnish Meteorological Institute (Tel: +358 40 867 8838, Antti.Kangas@fmi.fi)
Germany: Jürgen Holfort, Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency of Germany (Tel: +49 (0) 381 4563-782, Juergen.Holfort@bsh.de)
Norway: Nick Hughes, Norwegian Meteorological Institute (Tel: +47 77 62 13 00, Nick.Hughes@met.no)
Poland: Marzena Sztobryn, Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (Tel: +48 22 5694100, email@example.com)
Russia: Vasily Smolyanitsky, Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (Tel: +7 812-337-3149, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sweden: Robert Olsson, SMHI / Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (Tel: +46 (0)11 495 8570, Robert.email@example.com)
United States: Pablo Clemente-Colón, U.S. National Ice Center (Tel: +1 301-817-3944, Pablo.Clemente-Colon@noaa.gov)
IICWG Secretariat: John.Falkingham@rogers.com
International Ice Patrol: Gabrielle McGrath (Tel: +1 860-271-2631, firstname.lastname@example.org)
British Antarctic Survey - Andrew Fleming (Tel: +44 01223 221451, email@example.com)
Latest Ice Charts
For the latest ice charts, see the Ice Logistics Portal.
Note: This site is maintained for IICWG by the NOAA@NSIDC team.