The AMSR-E Science Investigator-led Processing System (SIPS) has updated the following AMSR-E sea ice data sets to Version 3:
- AMSR-E Aqua Daily L3 6.25 km 89 GHz Brightness Temperature Polar Grids
- AMSR-E/Aqua Daily L3 12.5 km Brightness Temperature, Sea Ice Concentration, & Snow Depth Polar Grid
- AMSR-E/Aqua Daily L3 25 km Brightness Temperature & Sea Ice Concentration Polar Grids
Changes to the Version 3 algorithm for these data include:
- Uses Version 3 of the AMSR-E/Aqua L2A Global Swath Spatially-Resampled Brightness Temperatures data as input
- Improved Antarctic land mask: Includes an updated ice shelf definition created by the National Ice Center Science Department in June 2011, and an updated shoreline developed from ENVISAT and RADARSAT imagery from October 2009 to April 2010. Also, this updated version no longer uses the L-2A land flag and only uses the updated land mask for surface type classification in the southern hemisphere sea ice concentration algorithm.
- Inclusion of ISO lineage metadata
Reprocessing from the beginning of the mission onward is currently underway for these data sets and you will be notified when reprocessing is complete. Further details and data access are available at http://nsidc.org/data/amsre/index.html. If you have any questions, please contact NSIDC User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.