When visualizing SNODAS data, why is the image skewed?
This is most likely due to a problem with Windows Winzip which corrupts the file upon dowloading (you will see that the file size will have changed from the original located on ftp)
You can correct this by changing some settings in WinZip:
- Extract the “.tar.gz” file using WinZip. The WinZip software may ask you something similar to: "Should WinZip decompress it to a temporary folder and open it?"
- Answer "Yes."
- The two files should then appear in the WinZip window.
- In WinZip, click on Options -> Configuration -> Miscellaneous
- Uncheck the "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion" option
- Click "OK".
- Now try transferring the files from WinZip to your Desktop.
Note that these instructions may vary, depending on which version of WinZip you are using. The “.dat” file should be 44.3 MB in size.