[GLIMS] In Memoriam, our friend, ASTER VNIR

Etienne Berthier etienne.berthier at univ-tlse3.fr
Tue May 14 10:36:15 MDT 2024

Thank you for sharing this sad news Jeff.

I can only deeply thank everyone who made this unique 24-year long
stereo (3N/3B) coverage of glaciers possible (importantly, with the
right gain settings!).

11 May 2024: the day we lost a unique ability to monitor the Earth's
elevation on a global scale and a regular basis (very high resolution
cannot really do that). Let's hope that other missions will take up this
crucial task in the (near) future.