[GLIMS] GLIMS developments

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Wed May 10 09:48:26 MDT 2017

Hello GLIMSters,

Here are a few miscellaneous GLIMS developments that may be of interest:

1.  The GLIMS workshop is on pace to be a great gathering; we've had
numerous people express interest already.  We're working on getting travel
support for early career participant.  If you haven't already, please
write me if you're interested in attending.

2.  GLIMS glacier IDs have been adjusted in South-central Alaska.
Normally GLIMS glacier IDs don't change once assigned, but there were
overlapping outlines from different sources with inconsistent IDs.  These
are now fixed (as of late 2016, actually).  If you work in Alaska, you may
wish to re-download GLIMS data.

3.  The GLIMS and GTN-G glacier browsers both now include a base map layer
from Mapbox that is high-resolution imagery, similar to the satellite
images in Google Maps.

4.  The GLIMSView software is slated for retirement.  Please let me know
if you still use it.

Best regards,
Bruce

--