[GLIMS] Invitation to Contribute to a special issue of Remote Sensing on the topic “Remote Sensing of Glaciers”

Frank Paul frank.paul at geo.uzh.ch
Thu Sep 22 10:06:29 MDT 2016

Dear colleagues

We recently accepted an invitation to serve as Guest Editors for a Special Issue of the journal Remote Sensing on the subject of “Remote Sensing of Glaciers”. It is our pleasure to invite you to submit an article on this topic by 31 January 2017.

The special issue should provide a current overview on state-of-the-art methods for data retrieval from the diversity of sensors, as well as the latest applications of established methods to obtain new and quantitative information on glacier dynamics and changes over larger regions. We focus on glaciers and ice caps (and exclude the ice sheets) to fully consider the specific challenges associated with remote sensing in steep, high-mountain topography.

For more information about the Special Issue, please see:
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/remotesensing_glaciers

For information on manuscript preparation and related matters, please see the instructions for authors: http://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/instructions

Remote Sensing is an open access journal, receiving its 4th Impact Factor, 3.036 (2015) and the 5-Year Impact Factor, 3.278 (2015).

All submissions will be subject to a pre-screening and peer review. In case of any questions related to this special issue, please let me know (frank.paul at geo.uzh.ch). We look forward to receiving your submission!

With thanks for attention and kind regards, the guest editors

Frank Paul (University of Zurich)
Kate Briggs (University of Leeds)
Robert McNabb (University of Oslo)
Christopher Nuth (University of Oslo)