GLIMS Update: Glacier hazards chapter in print

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:32:14 MST 2011

Dear colleagues,
A number of GLIMS participants joined forces to write a very nice though long chapter on ASTER imaging and assessment of glacier hazards.  It has just appeared in print in a wonderful book containing a diversity of applications of ASTER and MODIS data.  The reference follows.  Due to the high cost of the book, I can send either an electronic PDF or a high-quality color photocopy (which one depends on the demand) to any GLIMS colleagues or affiliates requesting a copy.  Please, if you're interested in receiving one, send your mailing address directly to me and use the subject line "Reprint of glacier hazards chapter".   You'll receive either a PDF or a photocopy.
Jeffrey Kargel, Roberto Furfaro, Georg Kaser, Gregory Leonard, Wolfgang Fink, Christian Huggel, Andreas Kaab, Bruce Raup, John Reynolds, David Wolfe, and Marco Zapata, 2011, ASTER Imaging and Analysis of Glacier Hazards, Chapter 15 in Land Remote Sensing and Global Environmental Change: NASA's Earth Observing System and the Science of Terra and Aqua, B. Ramachandran, Christopher O. Justice, and M.J. Abrams (Eds.), pp 325-373, Springer, New York.
Sincerely,
Jeff Kargel