Himalayan glaciers are melting, mostly

Basanta Shrestha bshrestha at icimod.org
Mon Jan 25 03:37:39 MST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I Know there has been turbulent debate in the recent past on melting of glaciers in the Himalaya. I am sharing the links to some of our recently published materials from ICIMOD's points of view.

Melting Himalayas - ICIMOD's comments on a turbulent debate (21 January 2010)

http://www.icimod.org/?page=737

Interview:

Q&A: Andreas Schild and the glacial retreat debate Surabhi Pudasaini, 21 January 2010 http://www.scidev.net/en/features/q-a-andreas-schild-and-the-glacial-retreat-debate-1.html

Hindu Kush-Himalayan Glaciers: Frequently asked questions (2009)

http://books.icimod.org/index.php/search/publication/653

best regards,

[cid:image001.gif at 01CA9DDA.573B0EC0]

Basanta Shrestha, Division Head,
Mountain Environment and Natural Resources Information System (MENRIS)
International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
GPO Box 3226, Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel +977-1-5003222 Direct Line 5003242 Ext 117 Fax +977-1-5003277
Web www.icimod.org; Mountain GeoPortal http://menris.icimod.net/