Ordering ASTER data via WIST

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Thu Aug 20 11:25:58 MDT 2009

Hi all,

The EROS Data Center recently discontinued taking regular orders for ASTER
data via the WIST system.  Regular paying customers must now order data via
an interface in Japan, at
http://imsweb.aster.ersdac.or.jp/ims/html/MainMenu/MainMenu.html

If you are still on the list of NASA-affiliated investigators who cat get
ASTER data at no cost, you can still order and download data from the
WIST.  However, in order to be able to do this still, you need to have
contacted the User Services people at EDC with your WIST username.  I, and
at least one other person, had missed their notice about doing so.  I
contacted them a few days ago, and I have just confirmed that I am again
able to order ASTER data from the WIST interface.  If you know you are on
the "free ASTER data list" and are recently unable to order from WIST,
please contact

LPDAAC <lpdaac at usgs.gov>
WIST Support <wist_support at echo.nasa.gov>

Cheers,