GLIMS Workshop logistics

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Mon Jun 25 16:46:45 MDT 2007

Hi all,

Here is more information about the GLIMS workshop.

TIME:

  Friday, July 6, 2007, 9:00 to around 17:30

LOCATION:

  University of Perugia, Dessau room, Rectorate building, within the
  university complex, Perugia, Italy (37-person seating capacity, fully
  equipped)

  For a map to the Rectorate building, try
  <http://www.iugg2007perugia.it/location.asp?Zoom=2307203.4883,4776883.6139,2307603.4883,4777283.6139>
  This website may not work well in browsers other than Internet Exploder.
  See also attached image.

REGISTRATION FEE:

  None.  The room is provided as part of the IUGG conference.  Because of
  that, workshop participants are expected to be registered for the IUGG
  conference, but I imagine we can make a few exceptions if needed.  (Let
  me know if you'll be there but aren't registered for IUGG.)

REFRESHMENTS:

  For snacks etc., there is a cafeteria at the back of the Main Hall of the
  Rectorate.

COMPUTER LOGISTICS:

  I will have a Linux laptop with OpenOffice on it, and there will probably
  be others there with other computer flavors.  If you want to present
  anything, bring it on a memory stick or send it to me by July 3.

POST-WORKSHOP:

  There are many nice places in the nearby downtown for continuation of the
  (doubtless) many fruitful discussions after the workshop.  Places to
  absorb Italian culture.  Places to hear jazz.  Places to dr .. I mean ..
  think.

See you next week,
Bruce

--