GLIMS Update: Perugia workshop and field trip

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Fri May 18 14:20:03 MDT 2007

GLIMS Update

Topics:

1. GLIMS Workshop in Perugia:  Will you be there?
2. Potential GLIMS field trip, July 7,8:  Interested?

1. GLIMS Workshop in Perugia

  The GLIMS workshop will be held in Perugia, Italy on July 6, 2007.
  Details on location and precise time will be announced later, but it will
  be an all-day workshop.  Unfortunately, Jeff Kargel may not be able to
  attend, so I have taken over the organizational duties.

  So far, the following people have indicated they intend to attend the GLIMS
  workshop:
    Etienne Berthier, Michael Bishop, Frank Paul, Michael Zemp, Liss
    Andreassen, Ulrich Kamp, Adina Racoviteanu, Jeff Kargel (?)
  I anticipate more will decide to attend as their schedules become better
  known.  If you think you will attend the workshop, please let me know so
  that I can better anticipate the numbers.

  Possible agenda items at the workshop:
  - DEM generation, evaluation, and use
  - glacier mapping tools, techniques
  - use of GLIMSView to format data for GLIMS
  - other ways to format data for GLIMS
  - update on GLIMS database contents and interfaces
  - GLIMS book update (this will be short if Jeff's not there)

  Actual agenda will be flexible, and will be adapted to those present.

2. Potential GLIMS field trip, July 7,8

  Jeff had begun to organize a two-day trip to the Calderone glacier in the
  Apennines.  So far, only two people (other than me) have indicated
  interest in this.  Please let me know if you'd like to go on such a trip,
  or if you'd rather spend the weekend sampling the wines of Umbria.

Best regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup